Fees & Policies
REGULAR RATES & PAYMENT
- 50-Minute Individual Therapy Appointment = $150
- 50-Minute Couples Therapy Appointment = $170
- Fees are due each session unless a different arrangement has been made.
- Payment is accepted via personal check or credit card.
- Dependent upon your financial situation, I do offer services at a reduced fee.
- If I cannot accommodate your financial situation, I will refer you to another provider.
- I currently accept Anthem Blue Cross.
- If I am an out-of-network provider for your insurance provider, I will, upon request, give you a monthly statement that you can submit to your insurance company.
- If you want to check with your insurance company about whether your plan will reimburse you for my services, ask them these questions:
- Does my plan include mental health insurance benefits?
- If my plan does cover mental health services, how many sessions per year does my plan cover?
- Does my plan require prior approval or a referral for mental health services?
- How much will my insurance cover per session for an out-of-network provider?
- What is my deductible, and has it been met?
- What information must I provide to seek reimbursement (i.e., diagnosis code, service code, provider tax identification, etc.)?
CANCELLATIONS & MISSED APPOINTMENTS
- It is expected that you attend each scheduled session.
- If you need to cancel your scheduled appointment, you must do so more than 48 hours in advance of the appointment.
- If you cancel your appointment with less than 48-hours notice (unless you are able to reschedule for a later time that same week) or do not show up for your appointment without any prior notice, then I will charge you the full fee for the session.
- Please be aware that insurance companies do not reimburse for missed appointments.
Notice to consumers
The California Department of Consumer Affair's Board of Psychology receives and responds to questions and complaints regarding the practice of psychology. If you have questions or complaints, you may contact the board at www.psychboard.ca.gov, by calling 1-866-503-3221, or by writing to the following address:
Board of Psychology
1422 Howe Avenue, Suite 22
Sacramento, California 95825-3236